ISH is always looking to recruit great teachers. We are looking for people who can inspire students, teachers that are forward thinking and colleagues who want to work collaboratively.
To be considered for teaching/educational assistant positions at the International School of Helsinki all applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Minimally a Bachelor’s Degree in Education (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Teacher Certification/License
- Minimally two full years of teaching experience post degree and certification (PYP, MYP and DP experience preferred). This is applicable to teaching positions.
- Extract of criminal record as requested in § 3 Law of working with children, must be presented by applicants chosen for any position.
- Please send all required documentation to only published jobs listed and to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org We do not review credentials or CVs not aligned with an open position.
IB Diploma Program Psychology (Grades 11-12) and/or MYP Humanities (Grades 6-10) Teacher
The International School of Helsinki is seeking to employ a full or part-time upper school teacher for a one-year teaching position during the 2020-2021 school year. Teaching responsibilities include teaching IB Diploma (Grades 11-12) Psychology classes and/or MYP (Grades 6-10) Individuals and Societies or Language and Literature classes. The ideal applicant must have at least a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university with a teaching qualification in psychology or the humanities. Experience teaching in the IB Middle Years and Diploma Programs along with a strong affinity for teaching this age range is strongly preferred. Applicants must demonstrate high proficiency in speaking, reading and writing in English. Please send a letter of interest and current CV to email@example.com More details of the job description will be given to successful candidates called for an interview. A review of qualified candidates will begin immediately.
Long-term Teacher Leave Openings for 2020-2021
During the 2020-2021 school year, we are currently anticipating several long-term but temporary teaching needs. Please review the projected needs below:
- Semester 2 (January-June 2021)
- MYP (Grades 6-10) Science and Maths Teaching
- MYP (Grades 9-10) Physical Education Teaching
- All School Athletic Director
We are seeking experienced faculty who can commit to either part or full time roles meeting these various teaching needs. Ideal applicants have at least a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university with a teaching qualification in the appropriate teaching field. Experience teaching in the respective IB programs along with a strong affinity for teaching this age learner is strongly preferred. Applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in speaking, reading and writing in English. Please send a letter of interest and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For all positions, a criminal record check as required in § 3 Law of working with children, must be presented by applicant chosen for the position.
Statement of Anti-Discrimination
At the International School of Helsinki we pursue policies which ensure the equal treatment of all, eschewing discrimination on the basis of gender, gender presentation, ethnic background, nationality, skin color, age, physical abilities, sexual orientation and religious or political views.