ISH is always looking to recruit great teachers. We are looking for people who can inspire students, teachers that are forward thinking and colleagues who want to work collaboratively.
To be considered for teaching/educational assistant positions at the International School of Helsinki all applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Minimally a Bachelor’s Degree in Education (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Teacher Certification/License
- Minimally two full years of teaching experience post degree and certification (PYP, MYP and DP experience preferred). This is applicable to teaching positions.
- Extract of criminal record as requested in § 3 Law of working with children, must be presented by applicants chosen for any position.
- Please send all required documentation to only published jobs listed and to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org We do not review credentials or CVs not aligned with an open position.
PYP (Grades 1-5) Finnish as a Foreign Language Job Announcement
The International School of Helsinki seeks to employ a permanent part-time Lower School (Grades 1-5) Finnish as a Foreign Language teacher. Primary responsibilities would include teaching Grades 1-5 students new to Finland who are interested in learning Finnish as a foreign language. The ideal applicant would have a teaching qualification, significant experience teaching languages (preferably Finnish) with this age range, and understand how to integrate language learning within PYP pedagogy. Candidates who demonstrate a strong affinity for teaching this age range are strongly preferred. Applicants must also display graduate level fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English. Please send a letter of interest and current CV to email@example.com
More details of the job description will be given to successful candidates called for an interview. A review of qualified candidates will begin immediately.
The International School of Helsinki is happy to work with Erasmus interns from all over the world in our Primary Years Programme. If you are an Erasmus student or potential Erasmus student, please forward your interest for the 2023-2024 school year to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all internship positions for the 2022-2023 school year have been filled .
For all positions, a criminal record check as required in § 3 Law of working with children, must be presented by applicant chosen for the position.
Statement of Anti-Discrimination
At the International School of Helsinki we pursue policies which ensure the equal treatment of all, eschewing discrimination on the basis of gender, gender presentation, ethnic background, nationality, skin color, age, physical abilities, sexual orientation and religious or political views.