ISH is always looking to recruit great teachers. We are looking for people who can inspire students, teachers that are forward thinking and colleagues who want to work collaboratively.
To be considered for teaching/educational assistant positions at the International School of Helsinki all applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Minimally a Bachelor’s Degree in Education (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Teacher Certification/License
- Minimally two full years of teaching experience post degree and certification (PYP, MYP and DP experience preferred). This is applicable to teaching positions.
- Extract of criminal record as requested in § 3 Law of working with children, must be presented by applicants chosen for any position.
- Please send all required documentation to only published jobs listed and to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org We do not review credentials or CVs not aligned with an open position.
PYP + MYP Educational Assistant Job Announcement
The International School of Helsinki seeks to employ several full time educational assistants (EA’s) to support students and teachers for the 2023-2024 school year.
- EY-G1 EA’s typically support one teacher and class of students in Early Years through Grade 1 (age 4-7). Finnish early years teaching qualifications are required for this role.
- G2-G5 EA’s typically support two teachers and two classes of students in Grades 2-5.
- G6-G8 EA’s typically support a team of 6-10 teachers across a grade level and one grade level of middle school students.
The ideal applicant must have at least a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university with a teaching qualification. Applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in speaking, reading and writing in English. Significant experience with children in this age range is desirable.
Please send a letter of interest and current CV to email@example.com
Candidates should indicate preferred grade ranges (Early Years – Grade 1, Grades 2-5, and/or Grades 6-8) upon application. More details of the job description will be given to successful candidates called for an interview. A review of qualified candidates will begin immediately.
Please note that all internship positions for the 2023-2024 school year have been filled.
Internship applications for the 2024-2025 school year will be accepted and reviewed in November-December 2023.
The International School of Helsinki is happy to work with Erasmus interns from all over the world in our Primary Years Programme. If you are an Erasmus student or potential Erasmus student, please forward your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
For all positions, a criminal record check as required in § 3 Law of working with children, must be presented by applicant chosen for the position.
Statement of Anti-Discrimination
At the International School of Helsinki we pursue policies which ensure the equal treatment of all, eschewing discrimination on the basis of gender, gender presentation, ethnic background, nationality, skin color, age, physical abilities, sexual orientation and religious or political views.