ISH is always looking to recruit great teachers. We are looking for people who can inspire students, teachers that are forward thinking and colleagues who want to work collaboratively.
To be considered for teaching/educational assistant positions at the International School of Helsinki all applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Minimally a Bachelor’s Degree in Education (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Teacher Certification/License
- Minimally two full years of teaching experience post degree and certification (PYP, MYP and DP experience preferred). This is applicable to teaching positions.
- Extract of criminal record as requested in § 3 Law of working with children, must be presented by applicants chosen for any position.
- Please send all required documentation to only published jobs listed and to the following address: email@example.com We do not review credentials or CVs not aligned with an open position.
IB Diploma Program (Grades 11-12) and/or MYP (Grades 6-10) English Language & Literature Teacher
The International School of Helsinki seeks to employ a full time upper school English Language and Literature teacher to begin employment for the 2021-2022 school year. Teaching responsibilities would include teaching IB Diploma (Grades 11-12) and/or MYP (Grades 6-10) Language and Literature classes. The ideal applicant would have a teaching qualification and an advanced degree in pedagogy focused on Language and/or the Humanities. Experience teaching in the IB Middle Years and Diploma Programs, developing and integrating curriculum across subject areas, and demonstrating a strong affinity for teaching this age range are all strongly preferred. Applicants must display master level proficiency in speaking, reading and writing in English.
The initial application stage has already taken place and a review of qualified applicants is in process.
Learning Support Job Announcement – One Year Role for 2021-2022
For all positions, a criminal record check as required in § 3 Law of working with children, must be presented by applicant chosen for the position.
Statement of Anti-Discrimination
At the International School of Helsinki we pursue policies which ensure the equal treatment of all, eschewing discrimination on the basis of gender, gender presentation, ethnic background, nationality, skin color, age, physical abilities, sexual orientation and religious or political views.